Merrybet is an online and mobile sports betting service for Nigerian bettors. The company received its license in 2013 and became one of the biggest, most secure, highly reputed, and successful online betting sites in Nigeria. The firm operates the sites www.merrybetpredict.com and www.Merrybet.com
1xBet Bonus 100 000 ₦
Welcome bonus on the first deposit up to 100 000 ₦
The online betting site offers a wide range of markets and predicts on major sports events such as tennis, rugby, handball, and darts all over the world and Europe. Playing at Merrybet is secure, safe, and easy as the online sportsbook encrypts player data and stores it in secure, firewall-protected servers.
How to Register at Merrybet
Registering at Merrybet is very easy and involves the following steps:
- If you are betting on your smartphone or tablet, tap on the profile icon on the top right.
- Tap on the Register button to open the online registration form.
- If you are betting on your desktop, you only have to click on the Register button on the top right to open the online registration form.
- Create your login details.
- Enter your name, date of birth, email address, phone number, and street address.
- Choose your bank, enter your account number, and choose the type of account from the dropdown box.
- Now click on the Register button below the form.
- You have to verify your email address by clicking or tapping on a link in the online casino’s first email.
- Once you have verified your email, you can log in to your account and start betting.
Betting on the Go at Merrybet
Merrybet offers a mobile platform with three options: Smartphone and Tablet, Lite Mobile, and PC. You can make your choice and check the box against “Remember My Choice” to use the option of your choice by default.
Smartphone and Tablet
This is a well-designed, neat, and professional mobile betting interface that allows you to get started without any confusion.
The hidden menu springs to view when you tap on the menu symbol at the top left. It contains links to almost all the important sections and pages. The bottom of the mobile betting site includes links to its social networking accounts along with quick links to the Contact Us, Help, and Rules pages.
This is a lighter version of Merrybet Mobile, the ideal option for Nigerian bettors who don’t want to consume too much data with their betting activities. The mobile gaming interface is not as feature rich as that of Smartphone and Tablet, but it enables you to log in, sign up, change your platform, and place bets on your favorite sports.
Opt for the lite version only if your focus is on sports betting as you won’t find features such as casino, lucky numbers, virtual betting, and others here.
PC (Computer version)
Avoid loading the desktop PC version on your mobile phone or tablet as it is meant only for desktop use.
Making a Deposit at Merrybet
When you want to make a deposit, you can choose from the following options:
- Paydirect Nigeria – You can load your betting account instantly at banks such as Access Bank, Eco Bank, Diamond Bank, Enterprise Bank, First Bank, Fidelity Bank, Heritage Bank, Sterling Bank, Stanbic IBTC Bank, Union Bank, Zenith Bank, and United Bank for Africa (UBA).
The directions are as follows:
- Enter details such as account name (PAYDIRECT), account number (customer ID), and username in the deposit slip.
- Provide it to the cashier.
- The cashier will give you a receipt.
- Bank Deposit – Use your Merrybet username to make a bank deposit at First Bank of Nigeria Ltd, Diamond Bank, and Zenith Bank Plc.
- WebPay Nigeria – Use an Interswitch ATM card to deposit funds in your betting account. Sometimes, you won’t be able to deposit more than N2000.
Here are the directions to using Interswitch as a deposit method:
- Log in to your Merrybet account.
- Click on the Interswitch option under Deposits.
- Input your deposit amount.
- The screen now displays the fee charged and the total amount payable.
- Confirm the above details.
- Make a note of the transaction ID that appears on your screen.
- Click on Accept to reach the payment gateway.
- Choose your card and enter the card details.
- Your deposit will be instantly credited.
The above method works only if you hold a Naira MasterCard, a Verve Card, or an Interswitch Debit Card.
- Zenith Bank – You can make a deposit at Zenith Bank by filling in the name of account holder (Merrybet Gold Ltd), your username, and account number (1130064490) in a deposit slip. Give the deposit slip to the cashier and provide details such as your customer ID, username, and type of transaction (customer deposit). The cashier will soon give you a receipt.
- Quickteller – You can use your ATM card to make a quick online deposit at quickteller.com. Here are the instructions:
- Insert your card into the ATM machine and input your PIN.
- Choose Quickteller or Other Wallets.
- Choose Pay Bills and Others.
- Input the code associated with your deposit amount.
- Input your customer identification number.
- Verify the name of the receiver and click on “Accept Amount Due.”
- Provide your mobile number to receive a confirmation and choose “proceed.”
- GT Collections – The instructions to use GT Collections to make deposits are quite simple:
- Visit your GTB account and select Payments & Collections.
- Select Merrybet under the Sports & Gaming option.
- Choose Topup as the payment type.
- Enter your deposit amount and customer ID.
- Confirm your account details and answer the security questions.
- Finally click on the Pay option.
- The funds will be instantly transferred from your GTB account to your Merrybet account.
- PayStack – You can make deposits via PayStack bank, card, or agent.
Making a Withdrawal
You can choose from two ways to make a payout at Merrybet:
- Bank Payout – The online betting site credits the winnings directly to players’ bank accounts. But players have to provide the correct bank details to Merrybet.
- Instant Payout – Players can use PayDirect to withdraw their winnings of the last 24 hours. However, this method is available only between the hours of 08:00 and 21:00.
Merrybet offers hundreds of sports markets to bet on. You can focus on any or many of the following games:
- Soccer (Football)
- Ice Hockey
- Motor Sport
- American Football
- Beach Soccer
- Aussie Rules
- Winter Sports
You can also bet on television shows, political events, and eSports such as Counter Strike, League of Legends, StarCraft, Overwatch, and Call of Duty.
The following are some more games to bet on at Merrybet Nigeria:
- Live Betting – Place single live bets and multi live bets on sports such as soccer, volleyball, and tennis. The live betting service also includes live streaming of your favorite matches.
- Virtuals – Bet on virtual sports such as Euro Cup, League Mode, Nation Cup, dog racing, horse racing, tennis, and basketball.
- Colossus – Colossus is a selection of football jackpots that you can win by predicting the correct scores. If you pick six correct scores, you can win the biggest rollover jackpot of N100,000,000. You also have the option of correctly predicting three scores to win N500,000 or correctly predicting four scores to win N6,258,859.
- 1×2 Games – This category includes games such as virtual sports, arcade games, keno games, scratchcards, slot games, casino games, and video poker games. You can also try your luck on 1×2 mini games such as slots, casino games, keno games, and virtual sports.
- Lucky Six – Bet on lucky numbers to win big prizes. Choose from games such as Clover Bonus, Game of 6 Balls 1 Color, Sum of the First Five, and many others.
If you still haven’t found answers to your questions, you get in touch with a customer care representative using the following methods:
- Address – Write to Merrybet Gold Limited, Suites C 107/108, Ikota Shopping Complex, Lekki-Ajah Expressway, Lagos.
- Email – Send an email to [email protected]
- Customer Support Lines – Call the online betting site on 0814-7196-465 (deposits), 08166-382-000 (payouts), 0805-906-1372 (account opening/betslips/verification/activation), 0701-981-2141 (enquiries related to Merrybet Predict), and 0818-6790-287 (Whatsapp).
- Feedback Form – If you scroll down a bit, you will see the bright green feedback form. Enter your username, email address, phone number, and message. Choose feedback type from the dropdown box and click on the Send button. Your message will instantly reach the online betting site and you will get a quick response.
- Live Chat – Launch the live chat window by clicking on the blue icon at the bottom right of the website. Click on options such as Deposit, Payout, Become an Agent, Betslip Enquiry, and Feedback & Suggestion to launch the live chat window.
Q1: What are the various type s of bets that Merrybet offers?
A: Merry bet offers a wide range of matches, leagues, sports, and types of bets along with live bets and virtual sports bets. To place a bet, you have to choose a sports market and league and the online betting site will display the options on the screen.
Q2: What is the minimum/maximum amount that I can bet?
A: You can bet a minimum of N50. The maximum depends on the bet type, league, and sport.
Q3: What currencies does Merrybet support?
A: Merrybet supports Liberty Reserve USD and Nigerian Naira.
Q4: Can I withdraw my deposit without making any bet?
A: You should play through your deposit amount at least twice before you can withdraw it. In other words, you cannot make a withdrawal until and unless you place a bet and win.
Q5: What are the various features of a betting account?
A: Your Merrybet gaming account is a control panel that enables you to easily access the various features and services. To access your account, you have to log in. You can then make deposits & withdrawals, place bets, and view your balance, open bets, betting history, and account actions on your account page.
Pros and Cons
We hardly have anything to complain about Merrybet. It appears to be the perfect online betting service for Nigerian players.
The user interface is flawless and the website design is professional and easy to navigate. You can choose from a wide range of sports markets to bet on and even enjoy casino games, lucky numbers, virtual game betting, and live betting. There are plenty of promotions to take participate in and plenty of bonuses and jackpots to grab.
The only downside could be the limited live betting options and the poor quality of Merrybet Lite Mobile. We did feel that the company could have done a better job while designing its lighter mobile version.
Final Words – Should You Sign Up?
If you are a Nigerian player who owns a smartphone or tablet and cannot wait to start betting on the move, you must sign up at Merrybet. It is one of the biggest and the best online sports betting sites in Nigeria, operating under a valid Nigerian license.
It has a few features that set it apart from the crowd. It offers a forum, a live chat option, and accounts on social networking sites. You can get 5% cashback on losing stakes. It is also home to the cashout feature, which lowers the risk of online sports betting by enabling players to cashout part of their winnings before the sports event they had bet on comes to an end.
We have no hesitation in recommending Merrybet as one of the top online betting sites for Nigerian players.